Pakistan has no shortage of talented youth, but in several instances, lack of resources prevents them from realizing their potential. This is a particularly problematic when it comes to accessing higher education. The Government of Pakistan acknowledges these constraints, and has tasked the Higher Education Commission with facilitating needy and deserving students through Need Based Scholarships. This year, over 10,000 scholarships have been announced for financially disadvantaged students all over Pakistan including 61 public sector universities of Pakistan (list attached). It aims to elevate the socio-economic status of the students by enabling their access to modern education and career opportunities towards a brighter future.
- To provide opportunities to talented but financially disadvantaged students and empower them to acquire a high quality education at a partner institutions /university.
- To provide opportunities for qualified students especially from remote and rural areas of Pakistan (FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Southern Punjab, Balochistan, and Northern Sindh), to continue their studies in selected partner universities of the country.
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at Undergraduate level in all disciplines at HEC selected public sector Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions.
- Students need to compete for securing admission at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 years) programs.
- Students in financial need who are already enrolled in participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to his/her financial needs as assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee. The financial background of the family of the applicant will be kept in view in this regard.
- The number of slots will be decided by the universities.
- Funding for slots will continue for the complete duration of the program. In case any students drop out, they will be replaced by other candidates on the waiting list.
- All disciplines will be kept open. The selected university will decide whether to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and number of allocated slots, etc.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D and other five year programs, funding will be made available for the complete program.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to an extent in order to cover the tuition fees.
- In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete program.
The complete application should be sent to relevant Financial Aid Offices where the applicant intends to secure admission.
Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution. The form can also be Downloaded Here.
The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion. (HEC will not accept any application form directly)
Students need to secure admission to any one of the approved disciplines at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
Please note that this scholarship program also considers partial scholarship for students already enrolled at the selected university/DAI.
Please note that under this scholarships scheme, the funds are not transferred directly to students by HEC. The payment is made to the students through participating universities/institutions.