The Indigenous Scholarship programme is focused to enhance the research culture in local universities/research institutes. Higher Education Commission facilitates indigenous scholars with research facilities to explore solutions to local problems and contribute to national cause. Under this scholarship programme, 400 Indigenous Scholarships are being offered to local domicile holders of Balochistan, on district quota basis. These qualified researchers will improve the R&D potential of provincial universities/research institutes and will help strengthen the local industrial sector.
- Applicant must possess Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan Province.
- For MS/MPhil leading to PhD, the candidate must have completed 16 years education or equivalent degree (Bachelor/Master).
- Candidates should have a minimum of 45% marks in annual exams (up to 16 years education). Whereas, those applying for PhD scholarship must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (in semester system) or first division (in annual system) in MS/MPhil or equivalent degree.
- No 3rd division in any Degree/Certificate during entire academic career is acceptable.
- Candidate must secure minimum 50 Marks (Accumulative Test Score) in HEC Scholarship Aptitude Test.
- At least two Certificates/Degrees must have been studied in and obtained from HEC recognized Universities/DAIs located in Balochistan province.
- Maximum age as on closing date of receipt of applications:
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector universities/ colleges and employees of public sector R&D organizations.
- 35 years for those having MS/MPhil (18 years) degree/qualification and applying for PhD programme.
- 30 years for those having MA/MSc/Bachelor (16 years) degree and applying for MS/MPhil leading to PhD programme.
- Candidate must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
Any candidate who is already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship is NOT eligible to apply.